We had a great time decorating our eggs, but I spent the weekend eating chocolate and thinking what to do about my leftover hardboiled eggs. Here's what I came up with!
1. Garbage Salad - make a salad and add a sliced egg for some added protein. My favorite is a "Garbage Salad" which includes any fresh veggies left in the fridge spinach, peas, tomatoes, peppers, carrots, cucumber, zucchini. A little cheese like feta or mozzarella. Whatever protein available some chicken or in this case hard boiled eggs. Then, I top it off with balsamic vinaigrette. This is the perfect lunch!
2. Eggs Benedict Arnold - this is a cheater version of a classic Eggs Benedict, but is perfect to use up leftover hardboiled eggs, and is much quicker than going through all the effort for real eggs benedict on a week day. Take a toasted English muffin, place a some baby spinach on the muffin, a slice of leftover Easter ham, sliced hard boiled egg, some salt and pepper, and your favorite cheese. I use swiss. Place under the broiler for 1 minute until bubbly and serve with some fresh fruit. Pretty fancy for a weekday.
3. Egg Salad - is a classic standby for all of those leftover hardboiled eggs. Ask your Mom, aunt, grandmother or best gal pal for their favorite recipe. Every family has one. Mine is 2 hard boiled eggs chopped, 1 or 2 stalks celery finely chopped, 2 tablespoons mayo, salt and pepper to taste. I put it on whole wheat bread with lettuce and tomato. Ta Da!
4. Deviled Eggs - again this is an old standby and everyone has their favorite recipe. My family's is finely mashing the egg yolks with some mayo and paprika salt and pepper.
5. Nicoise Platter -
6. BLT and E - with Easter comes brunch, and with brunch comes bacon. If you are like our family, you may have some of that leftover as well. Add some sliced egg to your BLT. You won't regret it.
There you have it, a run down of the best way to use your leftover hard boiled eggs. How do you use yours?
If you like this post and would like to read more about all things domestic with a touch of humor, become a Home Everyday follower! For blog updates or to see other places I write such as ChicagoNow or Chicago Parent follow Home Everyday on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.